Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Libran v/s Libran

A file photo of Mr Bachchan and me at his birthday bash at The Leela in 1995.

Mr Bachchan was born on Oct 11. Many years later, I was born on October 2. In 1995, while I was working as Chief Sub-Editor in 'Cine Blitz' magazine, I happened to manage an Exclusive interview with Mr Bachchan almost in the middle of a Press Conference. My editor was super-thrilled with me. (After all, its rare to come back with an Exclusive from a PC, where hundreds of scribes are clamouring for quotes and bytes. ) But the bigger surprise came a week later, when Mr Bachchan invited me to his birthday bash at The Leela in Mumbai. The food was yummy and Big B was very courteous. He also smiled and laughed a lot then (something he needs to do more often now). I vaguely remember a comment he passed, "Librans are flirty till they are 90". Being a Libran myself, I kinda like to agree to that one, though it never created any controversy. Today, the "Jana Gana Mana" song version in Ram Gopal Varma's 'Rann' does. Sadly, Mr Bachchan seems to take his life (and such controversies) very seriously now. I wish he'd chill out a bit. Like the good old days. I still do.

2 comments:

  1. Cool yaar. I agree with you absolutely. I'd asked Mr Bachchan the same question, off the records, when I met him in Lucknow. He had no answer....just a smile....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. For eg., on the recent conrovery over Hindustan Times rating his blog 3/5 against Amir's 5/5 and Amitji quoting figures on his blog, I feel he is now way beyond all these petty figures.

    ReplyDelete